To me, it’s important to love what you do, especially when it’s something creative. putting a part of yourself into your creations is what makes them valuable, and why people choose to buy unique, handmade products. I dedicate time, knowledge and heart to every piece, and the things I create reflect my personality as well as my skills.
I’m an illustrator and visual communicator from the beautiful county of Kent, England. the day after my birthday in 2011 I moved to Vancouver, Canada, where I live just off the beach in the West End.
After graduating my Bachelor of Arts with honours at Coventry University, I started to explore other avenues and mediums of creativity. I spent a lot of time teaching art to kids, and through that discovered an interest in clay sculpting and jewellery making. I also discovered that relate more to people aged two to six than I ever thought possible.
I like to do things differently. If I see something that’s already been done, I’ll usually try and head in the other direction. I try as often as possible to cut my own path, as I've had a lot more luck with that in the past, and way more fun.
This is a short list of things to expect from me:
- I’m not cute, like not even a little tiny bit. that's not really my scene. so there are no bows, flowers, chibis, buckled shoes or doilys here. as much as I love the look of other vintage themed blogs, that stuff just isn't me.
- I don’t own a big heavy camera or take photos of my reflection in the mirror covering my face. my camera is drop proof, waterproof, freeze proof, seth proof. I don't take photos of my feet, myself pouting, people holding chalkboards or my food. no one wants to see that from me.
- I do all my own social media updates. I haven’t paid for any followers from fiverr, and I don’t hire someone else to do it for me. It may be sporadic at times, but it’s all me. which is why it's sometimes weird...most times.
- I do what I do because I love it. Not because it’s fashionable, because it sells, or because someone told me to. all there is here is creativity and passion.
- Talking about myself is not something I'm all that comfortable with, hence the use of one word descriptions where possible. and bullet points.
- The english language is something I treasure, grammar and all. but I am really not a fan of capital letters. so I don't always use them.
There’s nothing more relaxing than the sound of the ocean hitting the shore, I love to walk along the coast any time of year. the sea holds so much history and life, it’s easy to find inspiration there.
short answer : it's my favourite place
Mixing the freshness and vibrancy of green with the tranquility of blue makes sense to me, and makes me happy. It’s a colour that sums me up pretty well, and so I use it any chance I get.
short answer : it's my favourite colour
To me wolves represent attributes I admire, they are beautiful, mysterious and powerful creatures. there is no question that it is the best symbol to represent my brand and myself.
short answer : it's my favourite animal
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me a little better, and for checking out seth macbeth : creative. if your curiosity is not quite satisfied and there's something else you'd like to know, don't hesitate to get in touch.
like the photos? photography by Ricky "two first names" Dean @ Ricky Dean Media, on Sunset Beach, Vancouver BC. click here to contact him if you'd like some too.